Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thrifty Saturday

I did my usual running around on Saturday morning stopping in the thrift stores and grocery store. I did stop in Tuesday Mornings and purchased some cotton yarn for wash clothes and a pack of yo-yo makers (hearts and flowers). The rest are my thrift store finds. Do you believe the crab mug? It still had the original sales ticket. I found a counted cross stitch book with charts for mallards. How could I not bring that home.
Here is a photo of my finish. I bought the kit in Traverse City, MI last year.


2 comments:

donnaquilt said...

you must have a great thrift store over there. the fabrics in your finished piece are beautiful.

SchauerPuff said...

I sure do love this piece! The colors are so bold and elaborate. You're just so talented and you do have a great eye as to which fabrics to put together.