Friday, June 22, 2012

Seattle

I loved my short trip to the Northwest. I did lots of tourist things including two trips to Pike's Market.
Of course there were the visits to the local quilt and yarn shops. 
Some of my purchases:



We had all day Sunday to explore. We took the ferry out to Bainbridge Island.
Since it was noon when we docked, and walked up the hill to the tow, we decided to have lunch which turned out to be another breakfast. Let me recommend the Silver Streamlined Diner. I had the apple jack cheese omelet. 
AJ ate the diner's version of eggs Benedict--biscuit instead of muffin and sausage instead of sauce.

After all the food, we went shopping - well I did. First stop was McKenna Ryan's showroom. Don't you love the purple door!
My purchase:
On the ferry back to Seattle, we saw Mt. Rainer.
As we were walking back to the hotel, I took a picture of this dog waiting patiently for its owner.

No comments: