Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Trip to Chincoteague

My daughter, son-in-law, and grandson drove down from Syracuse to spend a long weekend with me. Of course they went crabbing with AJ. And, of course we did some shopping. But, the greatest adventure was our trip to Chincotague and Assateague. Here is Thomas buckled up.
Are first stop was Jimmy's for an early breakfast. I ordered my usual - the shore breakfast.

Second stop was Sugar Bakers on Chincotague to wash down the breakfast with pastries. We parked the care in the lot and followed the ducks.
We made our way over to Assateague and saw some ponies off in the distance.

We spent the rest of the morning into the afternoon on the beach. Thomas and I stayed in the waves the whole time. We both took some tumbles. A giant wave came up the shore and wiped out all our chairs, towels, and quilt. That's when we packed up and hiked out to the lighthouse.
Anne Marie and Thomas posed for me
We drove back and the ponies were up at the road. Awesome!!!
On the way home, we stopped in Salisbury and picked up a Smith Island Cake. The cake was awesome too!

No comments: