Wednesday, March 27, 2013

UFO Weekend and Lancaster Quilt Show

Remember my packing up for UFO time at Peggy's Sewing center ---

Here I am pressing pieces.


My view - I had a whole table to myself! (This is Donna and her grand daughter)
 On March 15th, AJ took me to Lancaster so I could take a long arm class and attend the quilt show. Overall, I had a wonderful day. AJ even went over to Central Market and bought us white cream filled Amish doughnuts -- my favorite!
You can see just a sliver of me waiting for my turn.
I was very disappointed with the class. The instructor was excellent. But, while she was giving her lecture, another woman was setting up all the handi quilter machines making a very loud distracting noise. We had to share machines, and because there were so many students, I got less than 2 minutes with the instructor. We each paid $30 for a kit on top of the class fee. There was no kit -- lesson learned!
I did manage to pick up some great stuff.

Fabric from Good's in Quarryville - a must stop in any trip to Lancaster

What I purchased at the show


No comments: