Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Holiday with Black Friday

It was soooo nice having a 4 day weekend.
Thanksgiving day was spent cleaning ( I am still organizing all my quilting and other stash stuff like yarn). I made oyster stew and salad for our holiday dinner. Eggnog ice cream made a great dessert. I gave Scrappy and Lily peanutbutter frosty paws. Lily ate the whole thing - paper and all. Scrappy took a few licks and decided it was d-o-g ice cream and waited by his bowl for the real stuff.
Up at 3 am for Black Friday. What fun. Went to the outlets, WalMart in Camden, Delaware, JoAnn's & Toys-R-Us in Dover. Ended up at Dover Downs playing Texas Tea and Double Dragons. Only lost 79 cents. Saturday I made the thrift store rounds. My best buys: 25 cents for Ken Follet's "World Without End" and $2 & $4 Christmas wreaths that originally came from the Country Peddler.
Sunday was spent doing more cleaning and some quilting. Watched some of the Ravens game and 60 minutes.

No comments: