Monday, October 17, 2011

The Past Two Saturdays

On Saturday 10/8, I took advantage of the Columbus Days sales at the ocean. It was a beautiful day. I got lots of bargains, got to stop at a quilt shop, and got to sit on the beach.
This past Saturday 10/15, I did my thrift store shopping. I found somethings for Fall decorating.
I found some kits to satisfy my needlework, some fabric for quilting, a key chain with a patchwork motif (Longaberger still in the package) a book for 13 cents, and an addition to my Pfaltzgraff dishes and my modest floral frogs.

When I got home, I realized my quilting table (kitchen table) needed an organizational overhaul.
OOPS!!!

I do have a full design wall with projects. I added more as the day progressed.

The paper bag holds finished blocks for random placement whenever I decide to give up control and replace it with randomness.

I worked on a baby bib. All the fabric is from my stash. The green flower is on the back and the green dots will be the binding. My daughter loves anything that has a moose. She is left handed so the Velcro will be on the left.

2 comments:

donnaquilt said...

you always manage to find nice simple stuff at nice simple bargain price. i look forward to each adventure's prizes. we won't be back to the shore until sometime around Thanksgiving holidays.

donnaquilt said...

i forgot to also mention that i like your design wall. since the curtain rod's up there permanently, it looks "on purpose" and fits right in. i will copy the idea (as soon as i get all the still-packed moving boxes processed and out of my sewing room...)