Monday, November 7, 2011

October's Quilt Retreat

Loved it! I love going to quilt retreat. I can just relax, not clean and cook, quilt, catch up with friends and the view looking out over the Chester River is awesome.
Peggy showed off her Trip Around the World made with batiks. It is the biggest quilt I have ever seen!

One participant was using a Singer featherweight (well loved). She hand embroidered her blocks. She said her machine cannot do the fancy piecing ours did.


The back is as nice as the front.
Look at the hand work on her applique block -- gorgeous.
Here is another quilter's outstanding work...
What did I do? Gossiped with Jo Anne, Barbara, and Denise. Ran around Kent Island. Got a manicure. visited the library. Shopped at Peggy's for more quilt stuff. Worked on my tumbler quilt & 1600 jelly roll & flannel kit from Michigan & Pampered Pooch charm quilt (which I have taken all apart) & made my first twister.
 I can hardly wait for the annual Powder Puff quilt retreat!!!

No comments: