Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Catching up - Texas

I love going to Texas and this visit was fantastic despite the record breaking heat and grasshoppers.
Mary Beth and Brice took me to my favorite quilt shop in Stephenville.
Brice was not that charmed about this stop.
But Mary Beth enjoyed herself.

In fact, she picked out some moose flannel for a quilt. I started working on it this weekend. The brown flannel was back in clearance at $4/yd!

Nana, Jane Marks (MB's mother-in-law) took Brice and me to Granbury for lunch and some shopping. Here is Brice in a nifty antique/vintage/gift store. He scored some Coke memorablia.
Afterwards, we strolled down to Houston Mercantile Quilt Shop and Nana and I dropped some $. I n all fairness, I bought yardage in clearance at $5/yard - Moda that goes with some of my quilts I am making.
I had to pack that fabric very carefully to keep my suitcase under 50 lbs.
I did work on my knitting - making hats for preemies and newborns.


Look how dry it is there. It did rain very hard early one Saturday morning.



We did a trip to Fort Worth and I got to go in Cabbage Rose. Again, I purchased Moda fat quarters on clearance. It was an awesome shop and I hope when I return I get to visit again.


Finally, it was time to leave. I think Brice was almost as sad as me.

No comments: